Yesterday, the Kentucky Department of Education and Ashland Inc. announced the 24 recipients of the 2016 Teacher Achievement Award. These educators will vie for the title of Kentucky Teacher of the Year next month.
In all, 18 districts across the state are represented in this year’s awards. We’ve collected stories from those districts and shared them here:
- Bowling Green Independent — Michele McCloughan
- Daviess County Public Schools — Karen Mallonee
- Fayette County Public Schools — Julie Moore, Tracy Lambert and Carlos Pena-Rivera
- Franklin County Public Schools — Carmen Thompson
- Jefferson County Public Schools — Joshua DeWar, Emily Lomax, Tonya Artman and Terrilyn Fleming
- Oldham County Schools — Ashley Lamb-Sinclair
If we don’t have your link yet, post it below and we’ll add to the main article ASAP.