This week, the Kentucky Department of Education named 10 Kentucky public schools to its “Winner’s Circle,” recognizing them for effective teaching and school leadership practices.
The 10 were chosen based on the 2015 Teaching, Empowering, Leading and Learning Kentucky Survey, which was administered to all public school teachers and principals in March and on school safety and student achievement scores.
- Carter G. Woodson Academy in Fayette County;
- Allen Central High School in Floyd County;
- Arnett Elementary School in the Erlanger-Elsmere school district;
- Ballard Memorial High School in Ballard County;
- Chenoweth Elementary School in Jefferson County;
- Earlington Elementary School in Hopkins County;
- Gamaliel Elementary School in Monroe County;
- North Marshall Middle School in Marshall County;
- Park City Elementary School in Barren County; and
- Thomas Nelson High School in Nelson County.